CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

You bumbling fools....

Sooooo...while I was supposed to be writing my paper on Mary Wollstonecraft and women and the enlightenment and getting absolutely nowhere, I happened to find myself on craigslist. How I managed to get there?? I have no idea. Call it extreme boredom. I took it upon myself to venture into the section called "rants and raves." What I stumbled upon floored me to say the least:

Black People
Reply to:
pers-586610987@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-25, 5:31PM EST

First of all you cry about everything. At restaurants, you are a waitress's worst nightmare. You always complain your food is not done, not on time, or service was not good. Your 12% of the US population but 90% of the prison population. your criminals. You complain the cops are racist but other minorities aren't arrested nearly as much. You ruin the community. Neighborhoods that use to be mostly white and quiet with barely any crime are now black and crime-filled. Black athletes become millionaires and still are criminals. You are dirty. You smell like garbage. You think it is ok for you to hate white people, but yet cause riots when white people are racist. You are not qualified for jobs but get them anyway because the government says companies must hire a certain amount of blacks. Lastly and perhaps worst of all, barack o bama will get elected only because he is black and not because he is the best person for the job. You are pathetic, time to change your attitude on life and yourself. Go to school, stay in school, get a job, be productive stop counting on the government my taxes are sick of paying for your nonworking ass

Now not to say that I don't agree with the fact that black people can be some of the most difficult individuals to deal with in the service industries. I worked in retail and food service and I always rolled my eyes when I had to deal with black people. And not because I am racist against my own kind; simply because they always made my life extremely difficult. For example, when I worked at Subway, it always had to be the black person that asked me to go allllll the way to the back to get them "fresh tomatoes" or "brighter cheese" or any other nonsensical request they had. No I'm not even joking.

On the other hand, it is so unbelievable to me that this post was one of many ignorant ones degrading the black race. I just sat there completely confused that there actually are people out there that could so fiercely believe that blacks are incapable of doing anything aside from committing crimes and making babies. I can't understand that, when everyday, I'm surrounded by black people who are doing so much more with their lives. Intelligent, capable human beings not the "baboons" that they describe. But I can't argue with people like that because its pointless. Clearly they have already formed an opinion that was probably passed down to them from their parents, parents' parents, and so forth. It is a cyclical thing. But who cares? Not me. You won't see me out there picketing. Instead, my stance against this ignorance will be me graduating from college and becoming the successful individual that I was destined to be. Then raising my kids with the same values my mother instilled in me so they can grow up to be just like me...proud, black, blind to the ignorance of those who believe that they're only capable of becoming another statistic. Yayyyy!

Oh and btw...I seriously believe that BET is the root of all evil which gives these individuals some of their reasons for the way they think black people behave. Down with BET and its glorification of black ignorance!!!!! :) Fight the power! lol.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

What a post mstoohollywood.....I don't think you are too Hollywood at all I think you are extremely bright and sooooo NOT Hollywood!!! There are 2 kinds of people in life, those that are picked on and will always belly-ache their way through the muck of life and those who choose to triumph over the muck and transcend beyond the past and leave a foot print of contribution. You are the latter! You will triumph over adversity because you are choosing to be a contributor and not a complainer!!! You go GIRL!!! Love it!! Great post!.......I may just feature this post on my blog in the future.......:)Nikki

icanseeclearlynow said...

you ROCK! plain and simple. truly. you are one of my heroes.

:)

Nikki said...

thanks for the link!!! :)N

MsToOHollyWooD said...

nikki, thank you! thank you! i blushed. coming from you that is one of the best compliments ever! i thought that ppl would miss the point of my post but i'm glad you appreciate my point. oh and you're welcome for the link...and thanks for mine ;)

icanseeclearlynow, you ROCK too. my inspiration comes from you! ;)

quietstorm said...

you are awesome! i really enjoyed that post! what a great attitude you have! soo proud of you! you will do great things and become very successful! keep doing what you're doing and follow your dreams! you can do anything you put your mind to!!