CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

8am classes

i've had early morning classes for four semesters now. it is at 8 am when i've seen my peers behave the weirdest. lol. never mind those countless individuals who are falling asleep on themselves in all types of awkward positions that cause them to bang their heads violently, drool limitlessly, or snore loudly. those are a given. there are the other weirdos. the ones who feel like its ok to pick their noses because they think everyone else is either too tired or too bored to be paying them any mind (believe me i am watching). then there are the ones who decide to play with every item that they carry with them to class probably in hopes of distracting them from the fact that they are up at 8 am in a class that they more than likely have zero interest in. these are the ones that first tap their pens on the desk. at first without purpose but then coming to the realization that they can make beats out of it and annoy the crap out of me. then when this becomes boring they decide to ruffle aimlessly through all their papers. organizing and reorganizing unnecessarily. then they pick up their camera phones and takes pictures of themselves looking miserable (no but i'm so serious). then they play with their graphing calculators punching random numbers and problems as if that will help to distract them. i dont think i need to go on anymore about the fidgeters. it just gets worse.

then last but not least, there are the starers. silent. lost in their own thoughts. watching their peers and everything else in the room in sheer amazement as if every movement is the most interesting thing in the world. this is the category under which i fall most times (yes i've had those other moments. hehe). this particular morning in my english class, i was the object of one of these "starers." and it bothered me. it really bothered me. the girl from a few rows behind me across the room just continued to stare at me. it was one of those stares that makes you uncomfortable. you know when you look back at the starer and then they are supposed to look away but they don't? yeah, it was one of those. i wanted her to say something which was impossible being that we were in the middle of class. so what did i do? i stared back. i imagined her and i had an unspoken conversation that went sort of like this:

Me: Hi. I'm T
Her: Hi. I'm Starer Girl
Me: Why are you staring at me?
Her: Because I have nothing better to do and you seem like the most interesting character in the room right now.
Me: Yeah, I know but you're being just a tad weird dont you think?
Her: No.
*awkward silence*
Me: I stare at people too.
Her: That's good to know.
Me: I don't like when people do it to me though.
Her: Oh.
*more awkward silence*

Then I turn around and that's the end of our staring contest. This was the highlight of my morning. How was your day?

4 comments:

namaste said...

all those fidgeters you described in the first paragraph? anyone of them could easily be you. you did the same thing through jhs and hs. and i'm glad you fessed up about being a starer. weirdo!

besos

;) ~m

Nikki said...

This is precisely the reason I have put off finishing my degree...I am too old to get stared at by young whipper snappers. I would undoubtedly be the stared at...what's that old lady doing in this class...she must be an idiot still in school and her hair, she is stuck in the 80's. And it would all be true and I would have to flip her off...her because women are just naturally more nasty...cute post! :)N

namaste said...

nik, LOL! you're such a clown!

Chatterness said...

Observing is so interesting to say the least! To the "starer" I would mouth a big "hello!" That would place the akwardness on her! As for the buger pickers....ugh! LOL! Maybe they are too broke to buy breakfast, so bugers are the closest they can get to some decent nutrition! Keep Smilin'! :)