CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

my drug of choice

when i was younger, i always wished i had magical powers. it just seemed to be the most logical solution to all my problems. so it was no wonder i took interest in everything with a magic-based story line such as sabrina the teenage witch or my fave Harry Potter. i love Harry Potter. i've been a loyal fan since age 11 and have yet to stop. if i havent bought each book as they were released, i've taken them out of the library religiously and read each one 3 to 4 times each. i'll never get tired of the story. i can get lost in those hundreds of pages for hours and not come up for air until i've finished it. that is what i've been doing the past 2 days. i decided to take a much needed early vacation from schoolwork and just read. read until my heart's content since its the one thing aside from music that never fails me. the 7th and last harry potter book was my choice and i'm so excited. i havent finished it yet but i decided i would take my time and savor every last word and detail because such is the joy of reading. what is your favorite book??

5 comments:

icanseeclearlynow said...

hey mstoohollywood! i'm glad to see you're enjoying some leisurely reading time. as a girl, i too, enjoyed storylines that were magic based. my favorite show used to be "bewitched" starring elizabeth montgomery. you know, i've never read any of the harry potter books. i may have to give it a try since you like them so much.

yikes! my favorite book? there are too many to name! i can say i have learned a LOT by reading the likes of wallace stegner, john updike, gail godwin, and richard wright, to name a few. and i will forever LOVE judy blume for coming into my life when i needed her in junior high with "are you there god? it's me margaret."

:)

Nikki said...

hey There Ms. Toohollywood!!! I think this sounds like a great drug of choice!! I wish I liked to read more.....but when I do read it is something informational that interests me. One of my favorite books when I was younger was the Princess Bride, It is sooooo much better than the movie!! You would love it. It is an easy read and funny and gripping. I like reading historical stuff. Mostly I read other peoples blogs!!hahaha...glad you are back and I hope you are feeling better.....I am in Arizona right now and LOVING IT!!!! sunny sunny sunny!! :)Nikki

MsToOHollyWooD said...

icanseeclearly, yes i'm glad i could do some reading too. my brain just needed a break. i loveeeeeee judy blume too...it just so happened someone special introduced me to her ;)

nikki, thank you for the well wishes. i'm glas you are enjoying your vacation in Arizona. I can't wait until mine (which of course is approaching fast ;). i love reading people's blogs too because i love to see how other people think.

Chatterness said...

Reading books is a "vacation" in itself! You write very, very, well for a girl your age! That's beautiful~! Keep reading!

MsToOHollyWooD said...

thanks patti! writing is something that runs in my family and I'm happy to keep the tradition alive.