CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

burning eyeballs

....maybe i should do something productive. something that involves seeing the light of day for reasons besides answering my rumbling tummy. lol. nope i think not. i've had a rough couple of weeks dammit. as a college student with an intense workload sometimes i need a break. a break that invloves tv, reading blogs, meaningless internet searches, and more tv. lol.

....i've decided that i am going to transfer. i'm sick and tired of this miserable city. i hate it. maybe it works for other ppl but it sure does not work for me. i am unhappy and have been unhappy here for the past two years. when i was in high school, out of laziness i didn't take my college search as seriously as i should have. i had no idea what to look for and didn't feel like being bothered with finding out. so i just typed in my desired major (which was public relations at the time) and clicked search. whatever popped up was what i went with as long as it wasn't too far. the only school that I had given much thought was Syracuse. that's where i wanted to go my entire high school career. when I got accepted (but not into the program i wanted), i realized that the brutal cold and relentless snow that upstate New York has to offer me was not worth the stress. so I went with a seemingly good school in stinky dinky Philadelphia not knowing what I was getting myself into. the worst part about it was that Mommy Dearest did not want me to go there. she was definitely not in favor of any urban school being that she is a country lover herself. i fought hard to go to this school and it turned out for naught. i hate it here. philadelphia is nothing like new york city which i thought before i actually came here. plus my school kicks upperclassmen off campus and i have to go look for an apartment for next year. am i ready for that???? NO!!!!!! sooooo....i'm ready to get out before its too late. now to start my search. *sigh*

...anyhoo. i have to write a paper (on Marx and Freud). study for a macroeconomics test AND an write an issues inalysis for my public speaking course. *sigh* real life is screaming for some attention but i'm fighting it. i am. lol. i can't believe i have 5 more years of this crap. (i'm going to law school). it just seems never ending.

7 comments:

Chatterness said...

5 years seems long, but bat your eyes and it will done and over with! push yourself over the humps ...sometimes it will have to be daily and sometimes it will have to be second by second! been there, done that....and guess what? the reward at the end is the "pie in the sky!" keep pushing! You WILL survive!

Nikki said...

hey there ms.too...I went to 3 different colleges! I loved them all but you will find one that suits you better and sometimes change is what inspires us to plug through. I studied Political Science and did some pre-law undergraduate work. Silly me I thought I could have a life and go to law school...turns out law school and lawyering is your life and I chose to say good-bye to my dream to be a lawyer because I didn't have it in me to quit the "fun". NO REGRETS!! I learned a lot! Good luck with it all...you are young and bright and the possibilities are endless for you! :)N

namaste said...

you're smart, beautiful and talented. you have to face SOME difficulties in life.

;) ~m

MsToOHollyWooD said...

chatti patti, yes the years have been flying so i'm not really worried about that. thanks for the motivation!

hey nikki, well i learned something new about u. i'm not going the traditional political science route though i'm doing more of the business side. but i'm not going to limit the possibility of exploring other aspects. so what did u end up doing instead of law?

namaste, awwwww. thanks. ;)

Nikki said...

Well I was on the slow track to graduation...I took classes that interested me instead of classes I needed for graduation. I went to study abroad in Israel with BYU for 6 months and I served a mission for my church from age 21 to 23 in Arizona. I went back to college only to get side tacked by a guy!! And I got married when I was 25. We couldn't afford for both of us to attend school so I quit and worked for a while in a genealogy library doing corresponence research for people all over the world. Then I went back to school when I was 30 and found out I was pregnant and was sick my entire pregnancy so I had to quit school again...then I worked part time as a computer tech for a genealogy program and then we moved to AZ and I became a stay at home mom....so there you have it..the road to momhood...I love it. Even though I only have one child I am glad I am not missing a moment of his life. I am very grateful. I have thought about finishing my degree but I get overwhelmed by the cost...who knows maybe!! thanks for enquiring... :)N

MsToOHollyWooD said...

ooooo i love learning about people's lives and yours has been quite eventful to say the least. you've done so much and it sounded like a fun experience. i always wanted to study abroad. maybe someday before i leave school. i'm glad that even though everything did not turn out exactly as planned it still turned out wonderful for you.you get two smileys for that one :) :) lol.
~T

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?