CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

sick days

i have been feeling sick since sunday. but it all came to a head this morning. i woke up with swollen glands, body aches, a fever, and other wonderful symptoms. :/. the good thing about it was that i was able to reschedule a speech that i was due to present today. yes! i was very excited because i was definitely not as ready as i could be.

i'm going home this weekend. my desire to escape is increasing. its depressing me. life seems to be turning upside down and sometimes it seems like i have nothing to look forward to. thankfully, the familia is there to rescue me and i shall leave on thursday and have an loooonnggg weekend minus the annoying roommates. maybe i could practice driving while im up there. i have had my permit for nearly two years with no license. yes, it sucks to be me. getting my license will certainly lift my spirits.

btw. i was irritated today. as i was walking to one of my classes this morning, this couple who had to be in their 30s were walking with their young son. they decided to all hold hands (which would have been cute under normal circumstances) and walk towards me. they did not change directions to avoid me. i know they must have saw me first because i was in my world until they were nearly right in front of me. they just continued to walk towards me linked together as if they were the owners of the narrow sidewalk and i was supposed to step off the curb to let the royal friggin family pass. yep. the jerks! the kid was innocent but their parents were meanies. couldn't they see that i was near death? (ok. thats an exaggeration but u get my point)

besos.

2 comments:

namaste said...

yyyaaaayyyyyhhhh!! we're all excited to see you!

ummm... sounds like people have been drafted to give driving practice. i'm just saying.

besos.

Nikki said...

Hey I hope you have a wonderful weekend...sidewalk hoggers suck, even ones with cute little kids to make you think they have the right of way!! going home to get a second wind and some hugs sounds like a great idea!! take care, :)N